The best cordless pole saw should have a powerful battery to improve on running time. An extendable extension shaft enables you to reach top limbs without the help of a ladder. A pole saw made of durable material well as longer and will be safe to use. This comparison review between Black Decker vs. Greenworks vs. Worx vs. Ryobi vs. Sun Joe cordless pole saw, will look into the features, benefits, pros, and cons.
1. Black Decker LPP120 Cordless Pole Saw
- Provides up to 100 cuts of 1 1/2" pine branches per charge
- 8" cutting bar & chain allows for a maximum cutting diameter of 6"
- Includes 1 high capacity 20V LI ion pack, charger, oil bottle & wrench
- Power Source : battery powered
The Black Decker LPP120 pole saw is very light with 10.3 pounds. It comes with three separate pieces that will allow you to reach as far as 6 foot, 6 inches to the maximum reach of 10 foot. The shaft extends easily making it perfect for pruning taller trees, shrubs, and branches that grow over structures such as the garage.
It has a battery with of 20 Volts that increases runtime for long-lasting performance. Each charge allows up to 100 cuts with one and a half pine branches. The batteries have a longer lifespan allowing maximum performance.
It disassembles easily to a reasonable size making it portable and has its own safeguard for safe handling giving you control. Its bar is fixed making it impossible to change the angle of cutting edge.
With a two year warranty, it comes with an oil bottle, blade guard, battery charger and operating instructions. The blade guard makes it durable. The scabbard of the bar can be used to store oil allowing you to perform maintenance easily.
- Very light
- Length is adjustable
- Good battery life
- Has blade guard
- It allows only two settings
2. Greenworks 20672 Cordless Pole Saw
- G-MAX 40V Li-Ion Battery System powers multiple tools for complete yard system-includes 2Ah Battery and Charger
- 8-Inch bar and chain for easy trimming of branches. Product weight: 8.360 pounds
- Easy adjust chain tensioning system for quick tightening of the chain
- Automatic oiler applies oil to bar and chain when needed to ensure durability and optimal use with a translucent oil tank for clear view of oil level
- 3-piece aluminum shaft can be extended to 8 ft. for the perfect extended
This pole saw has a 40 Volt Lithium Ion battery with the ability to power multiple tools. The battery has a power delivery of 160 watts ensuring proper trimming. The battery charges quickly for about 2 hours. It has a run time of one hour when used to full capacity.
It has an automatic oiler ensuring you get sufficient oil automatically. The oil containers design is transparent allowing you to monitor oil and refill when there is a need to.
Its 3-piece aluminum shaft can be extended up to 8 foot. This allows you to reach higher areas to cut tree branches.
It has an 8-inch bar and chain with a quality building that does not allow much vibration making it very stable. It allows you to trim both thick and thin branches. You can also cut branches at 6 inches diameter.
The chain tensioning system is very adjustable making it easy for you to tighten the chain encouraging stability. It has an automatic electric start making it easy to start. It performs up to 65 cuts per full charge.
- Has an automatic oiling system
- Light to carry
- Longer battery run time
- Adjustable chain tensioning system
- Uses lots of oil
3. Worx WG323 Cordless Pole Saw
- 2 in 1 Pole saw and Chainsaw : detachable extension pole with 10 feet reach, high speed and torque to deliver fast, clean cuts
- Automatic chain lubrication and auto tension system keep you moving quickly through jobs
- Lightweight and easy to use : only 10.4 lbs; including extension pole, so you can access hard to reach branches
- Overmold soft grip handle reduces fatigue and improves grip for safety
- Part of the 20V Power Share platform of DIY yard and power tools that share batteries, saving you time and money; Chain Pitch:3/8 inch
The Worx WG323 is both a chain saw and a pole saw. This feature allows you to remove the pole saw and add the chain saw for your other cutting projects. Its extension pole is detachable and can reach up to 10 feet. It has a high-speed performance that delivers fast and clean cuts.
It has automatic chain lubrication that allows you to work continuously. The oil reservoir has an indicator allowing you to add oil when required. The auto-tension system allows you to move through jobs quickly.
It comes with a soft grip handle that is comfortable to use and allows firm hold. This reduces fatigue and improves safety due to firm hold.
It has a lightweight of up to 10.4 lbs inclusive of the extension pole. This makes it easy for you to reach hard to access branches increasing efficiency. It allows you to share batteries with other Worx tools that you may own saving on money and time. This is 20 V Max Lithium whose charge level is monitored by pressing the electronic keypad and has an inbuilt fuel gauge. It comes with a limited three years warranty.
- Uses both the chain saw and pole saw
- Detachable extension pole
- Low operating and maintenance cost
- Charger not included
4. Ryobi P4360A Cordless Pole Saw
- Extends up to 9.5 ft. with extension pole
- Works with all Ryobi ONE+ tools and batteries
- BATTERY AND CHARGER NOT INCLUDED
- 8 in. bar and chain for medium-duty trimming
The Ryobi P4360A pole saw comes with one 18 volts Lithium Ion battery with a charge time of one hour. It extends up to 9.5 ft helping you to reach some of the tallest branches in your trimming areas safely and easily. It has an automatic oiler that enables smooth operation without stopping to lubricate. It has an oil gauge that allows you to check on oil. It’s in line motor is good for trimming tight spaces.
The scabbard cover protects the blades making durable. It has an intermediate pole with a shoulder strap that is also adjustable and has a quick release tab. Its cutting head pole provides effortless cuts reaching useful length. It weighs 7.4 pounds and comes with the instructors manual. It’s easy to disassemble hence easy storage. It works with all RYOBI one tools saving on money and time.
- Has blade cover enhancing durability
- Has inline motor
- Easy to store
- Comes with a shoulder strap
- Battery and charger not included
5. Sun Joe 20VIONLTE-PS8 Cordless Pole Saw
- Great for overhanging limbs and thin logs; up to 15 ft of overhead reach
- Cutting thickness (max) 7.5 in.
- Lightweight - just 9.25 lbs
- Telescoping pole: 5.2 ft - 9.2 ft
- ETL approved; Full 2-year warranty
The Sun Joe 20VIONLTE-PS8 has a telescoping pole that is adjustable from 5.2ft to 9.2ft. It has a push button for powering on. It’s Oregon self-lubricating cutting bar is 8 inches long that works on trees with 7.5 inches thick. It has a 20 volts Lithium-ion battery that delivers quiet and long run time with no carbon emissions. The built-in safety switch prevents accidental starting. It has a protective sheath that protects a safe blade during storage enhancing durability.
It has an automatic oiler with a transparent window that allows you to gauge the oil levels. The strap shoulder helps you to comfortably cut the branches without getting tired. The plastic handle provides you to comfortably grip the saw. It has an instant start on a button that is easy to use. This saw will give you less noise and more runtime. It weighs 9.25 lbs and a full 2 years warranty.
- It allows the instant start
- Has shoulder strap
- Charger not included
Black Decker vs. Greenworks vs. Worx vs. Ryobi vs. Sun Joe, which is the best cordless pole saw? We pick the Worx WG323. This cordless pole saw is the most desirable tome because it is a two in one tool. It provides you to use both a chain saw and a pole. It also has an automatic oiling system with a gauge allowing you to add oil when required. Its battery is comparable and interchangeable with all Worx tools.