Cordless circular saws are the best tools for clean straight cuts through timber, metals or other materials effortlessly. There is a wide range of circular saws you can choose from that varies in cutting capacity, depth, and bevel. Other features such as speed and control, durability, batteries, and weight are some things to consider before picking a saw that suits your needs.
Here is a comparison of selection five cordless circular saw: Dewalt vs. Makita vs. Hitachi vs. Milwaukee vs. Porter Cable. We will explain each product, pros, and cons so that you can easily check out the functionality and features and take your pick.
1. Dewalt DCS391B 20V MAX Circular Saw
- High strength and lightweight magnesium shoe provides jobsite durability for long-term cut accuracy
- 0-50°(degree) bevel capacity allows for aggressive bevel cuts for a multitude of applications
- Optimized rubber over-molded comfort grip delivers optimal balance and control; Power Tool Type: Cordless
- 6.5-Inch carbide-tipped blade for cutting 2 times material at 90° and 45° and more cuts per charge
- Includes: DCS391 6.5-Inch Circular Saw and 6-.5-Inch Carbide-tipped Blade
If you are looking for a tool that can improve your woodwork and home project, the Dewalt DCS391B is a high contender since it is known for its lightweight and accuracy in cutting.
The Dewalt DCS391B is a powerful cordless circular saw that delivers 460 MWO and 5,150 RPM speed that makes cutting through any materials easy and effortless.
The 50-degree bevel capacity makes it easy to make challenging cuts accurately so that you can do your projects with the most creative cuts.
The rubber grip handles absorb vibration and give stability and better control of the machine while cutting through demanding materials.
It has a 6.5-inch blade with carbide-tip that makes it twice as easy to cut materials at 45 or 90-degree angles with one charge.
The Dewalt circular saw is lightweight, portable and has high strength that allows you to make different cuts comfortably. The lightweight magnesium shoe also makes it durable and precise when cutting. This cordless circular saw is perfect for heavy-duty professional work and safe enough for DIY-ers.
- Uses less power
- High bevel capacity
- Powerful motor
- Battery and charger are sold separately
- Battery durability is compromised
- Non-adjustable blades
2. Makita XSS02Z 18V LXT Cordless Circular Saw
- Makita built motor delivers 3, 700 RPM for faster cutting and ripping through wood
- Heavy gauge, precision machined base for smooth, accurate cutting and added durability
- 50 degree maximum bevel cutting capacity
- Weighs only 7.3 pounds with battery (battery not included) for reduced operator fatigue
- 6 to 1/2 inches blade delivers a 2 to 1/4 inches cutting capacity for a wide range of cutting applications
For an even lighter and faster circular saw, try the Makita XSS02Z. This machine feels sturdy, stable and durable which is good for better control of the saw while cutting through demanding materials.
The saw runs on 3700RPM which makes precision cutting so much more easy and smoother than a low RPM power saw.
The design is compact and lightweight for easy accessibility and storage.
With 50-degree bevel cutting capacity, you can take on any materials with ease and saw them without creating burr or a mess.
The large 6 ½’’ blade provides a high cutting capacity of 2 ¼ inches on any type of wood and other materials.
With a high torque motor, the potentials of this compact and cordless circular saw are limitless. The heavy gauge and precision target machine are engineered for durability and heavy duty on the job site.
It also runs on 18v lithium-ion battery that takes up a very less time to charge which mean you can have more work done faster.
- Quick charge batteries
- Sturdy frame and light body
- Easy to use and store
- Convenient and portable
- Effortless and accurate cutting
- Does not come with a charger and battery
- The size of the blade is slightly small
- Need recharging the battery often
3. Hitachi C18DGLP4 18V Cordless Circular Saw
- Hitachi Power Tools has renamed to Metabo HPT. Same great tools, with only a new name.
- Soft grip handle for improved comfort and less fatigue
- Left side blade position for easy operation
- Electric brake for increased safety and precision
- 50 degree bevel angle adjusts to meet the application
If you are looking for a lifetime investment on a circular saw that can be used on job sites or even for occasional DIY projects, the Hitachi C18DGLP4 is the right cordless circular saw for you.
With a blade dimension of 6-1/2 inch and 18-tooth saw blade, the Hitachi C18DGLP4 provides depth and smooth cutting accuracy.
With a bevel capacity of 50 degrees, you will be able to easily maneuver through various materials. It only comes with a tool body which makes it very affordable.
The tool is compatible with all Hitachi 18volt slim lithium-ion batteries for lightweight, fade-free power, and thrice the overall battery life of normal 9 head batteries.
This cordless circular saw is efficient for cutting effortlessly through OSB, LVL, plywood and other premium materials.
It can cut up to 2-1/8 thick with the convenient depth adjustment lever and an on-tool scale to help users adjust the cut depth, creating less friction and improving productivity.
- Flexible battery source
- Portability and lightweight
- Compatibility with other Hitachi products
- Easy to use and change blades
- Incorporated LED light for better visibility
- Increased run time because of the fan-cooled motor.
- Not for heavy-duty cutting
- Leave a lot of sawdust
- Not suitable for left-handed users
4. Milwaukee M18 2630-20 18V Cordless Circular Saw
- Aircraft aluminum shoe provides greater cutting accuracy
- Cuts swiftly through materials with 3,500 RPM motor
- Fully compatible with the M18 system, featuring over 200+ tools
- Ergonomic, compact and lightweight design with soft-grip handle for operator comfort
- Powerful 18-Volt motor delivers 3500 RPM to cut tough material such as LVL headers in a variety of applications including plumbing, electrical, framing, finishing and carpentry
If you are looking for an efficient, safe and high powered cordless circular saw with high bevel and cutting capacity? The Milwaukee M182630-20 is engineered to meet your needs effortlessly.
It runs on 18volt lithium ion which keeps it charged quickly so that you have more time to work on your projects longer. It is also compatible with several other Milwaukee M18 volt batteries.
The 6-1/2 inch and included 24-tooth carbide wood cutting blades make cutting through the most demanding materials easy and smooth.
You can easily adjust the depth of the bevel till 1 ½ inch and 45 degrees giving you versatile possibilities from the cuts.
The soft rubber handle makes it comfortable to hold while absorbing vibration and noise and preventing fatigue.
The top and bottom of the blade are coated with magnesium guard which protects the machine from impact and bumps which allows you to confidently work in different sites without the fear of spoiling the unit.
- Electronic brakes to quickly stop the cuts
- Comfortable handle
- Magnesium guard for blade safety
- Adjustable depth and bevel
- Built-in scale
- Very lightweight without the batteries
- 3,500 RVM for smooth and quick cutting
- It is quite bulky in shape
- The fence is difficult to adjust
5. Porter-Cable PCC660B 20V MAX Cordless Circular Saw
- High-Performance Motor delivers 4000 RPM's for aggressive cutting
- 6-1/2" Carbide Tooth Blade delivers a 2-1/8' cutting capacity
- Beveling Shoe pivots up to 50 degrees
- Contoured Over molded Handle
If you are looking for a replacement circular saw or something that you can use occasionally, the Porter-Cable PCC660B is just enough for low maintenance and easy woodwork and on-site projects.
The Porter-Cable PCC660B circular saw is a high performing cordless saw with a motor that delivers 4000 RPM for accurate and quick cuts.
The sleek design and contoured over-handle is easy to grasp and offers a secure and comfortable grip.
The beveling shoe capacity is up to 50 degrees which makes it easy to cut through demanding materials with ease and versatility.
With a 1-1/2 inch carbide tooth blade, you can smoothly cut through various materials without creating much mess or leaving a burr.
Comparing with the size, this unit has a powerful motor that can comfortably cut through 2x4s.
With a dimension of 9.63 x 8.38 x 15.25 inches, it is lightweight and even if it does not have many added features, it does cut through different materials efficiently.
- It is budget friendly
- More powerful than it looks
- Reduced fatigue
- Comfortable handle
- Lightweight and portable
- Middle to low-grade quality
- Does not come with a scale or LED light
So those were the top cordless circular saws in this list based on the cutting and beveling capacity, different blades, dimensions, design, functionality, and price.
When it comes to Dewalt vs. Makita vs. Hitachi vs. Milwaukee vs. Porter Cable, the top contender is hard to pick but select one that suits your budget, cutting requirement, availability of replacements and how often you need to use it.