For a DIY project, the right brad nailer will reduce your workload and allow you great mobility. The cordless brad nailer offers this type of convenience. These types of nailers are mobile and offer higher safety standards, including safety triggers. This cordless brad nailer comparison looks into Dewalt vs. Porter Cable vs. Ryobi vs. Hitachi vs. Bostitch nailers to help you find an ideal model that offers convenience and safety while guaranteeing durability even for long term use.
1. Dewalt DC608K 18V 18-Gauge 2-Inch Brad Nailer
- Engine design allows the tool to work as fast as the end user with consistent nail penetration into both soft and hard joints
- Sequential operating mode allows for precision placement and the bump operating mode provides the user with production speed.
- Straight magazine, accepts 18 gauge nails ranging in legths from 5/8-inch to 2-inch
- Easy access to the nosepiece for the removal of jammed nails without the use of screwdrivers or tool wrenches
- Part of the XRP DEWALT Cordless system; Contact Trip Lock-Off allows trigger to be disabled when not in use
The Dewalt DC608K is a durable model with a long warranty. It is made of high-quality materials and incorporates a streamlined design to help improve the accuracy of placement. It has a 110 nail capacity, which is larger than most brad nailers listed.
The convenient design includes an accessible nose piece, which allows for efficient jam release and depth adjustment for projects with multiple phases. It features a dual speed switch, helping you get your work done either quickly or precisely. The increased level of accuracy and power level will ensure that aspects of both are incorporated into either mode.
It is a very safe model, featuring a safety trigger that is disabled whenever the unit is unused. It is compatible with both nails and staples, making it ideal for different functions and finishes. While it includes a protective plastic case, some users have complained that it is very fragile and may damage easily. You should store both the model and the case carefully to avoid increasing the risk of damage.
- Great engine design for efficient nailing
- It magazine has a 110 nail capacity
- Easily accessible nosepiece to remove any jammed nails
- Dual operation mode for speed and placement
- The trigger will automatically be disabled when the unit is not in use
- Compatible with different size nails and staples.
- Offers 1-year free service and 3-year defect warranty
- Includes fast charger
- Plastic protective case can be damaged easily
2. Porter-Cable PCC790LA 20V MAX Cordless Brad Nailer
- NO COMPRESSOR NEEDED: This cordless brad nailer is battery powered, eliminating the need for a compressor, hose, or expensive gas cartridges.
- CONSISTENT DRIVING DEPTH: Our depth adjustment wheel allows you to properly countersink nails consistently. Nail Diameter: 18 gauge
- INCREASED PRODUCTIVITY: A tool free release lever, jam release, and depth adjustment wheel make your life easier.
- BETTER RUNTIME: Included 1.5 Ah 20Volt MAX Lithium ion battery lasts longer than NiCad, charger included. Integrated Belt Hook: Yes
- 3 YEAR LIMITED WARRANTY: PORTER CABLE will repair, without charge, any defects due to faulty materials or workmanship for 3 years from the date of purchase.
While the Porter Cable PC790LA does not support fast charging, its battery offers great capacity for convenient use over a long time. The model is also compatible with different sized nails, making it ideal for use in projects with multiple phases. It is very easy to set up and will include the charger.
The model guarantees consistent depth with each thrust. It has a large capacity, which guarantees better performance in larger projects. It features easy jam release and an onboard dial for convenient depth adjustment.
The longer running time combines with the high performance of the unit for great output in heavy duty work. The model is compatible with both nails and staples, making it ideal for use on different types of projects.
- Easily accessible nosepiece for jam release
- Longer running time than other brad nailers
- Consistency in the depth of each drive
- Includes depth adjustment for a level finish
- Compatible with nails of different sizes
- The magazine has a 100 nail capacity
- Includes charger
- Will not fast charge
3. Ryobi P320 18V Cordless Brad Nailer
- Drives up to 1700 nails per charge
- No compressors, hoses or pricey gas cartridges required. Cordless design offers both convenience and superior performance.
- Convenient adjustment dial regulates air pressure for optimum results.
- Low-nail indicator to quickly and easily see when it is time to reload
- Includes: 18-V ONE AirStrike 18-Gauge Cordless Brad Nailer, Battery sold separately
The Ryobi P320 is made of a hard plastic material. This is unconventional, and less durable than other options listed. However, it plays a big part in its light weight and ease of use. The model is great for use on overhead projects since it is not as heavy as any other brad nailer.
Aside from the safety trigger which will not fire without nails, it also includes an easy jam removal system and an on-board dial to help manage any adjustments for changes in depth. The high rate of delivery combines with the light weight and ease of use to make this model great for large projects.
- An efficient rate of delivery
- Includes onboard dial for easier depth adjustment
- Will not fire if no nails are loaded
- Dual LED lights for convenient use in the dark
- Lightweight and easy to use
- The plastic material is not the most durable
4. Hitachi NT1850DE 18V Cordless Brad Nailer
- Hitachi Power Tools has renamed to Metabo HPT. Same great tools, with only a new name.
- Freedom from cumbersome air hose and compressor saves time in setup, during applications and in jobsite clean up
- Selective actuation switch transitions between sequential mode and bump fire mode
- Tool less depth of drive adjustment for flush drives into various materials
- Brushless motor for longer run time, less maintenance and increased durability
The Hitachi NT1850DE is very easy to set up, even without a manual. It is also easy to use because the grip handle prevents slipping. The model is convenient for use in the dark since it includes an array of LED lights for better visibility. The pivoted strap will help secure the model even further, ensuring that your nailing is accurate.
This unit includes a powerful brushless motor, which requires less maintenance. It can be difficult to manage and you are recommended not to interrupt its charge cycle. This might mean waiting until it is fully charged, which can inconvenience users with a tight project schedule. You should also be careful with the detachable runner tip since it can get lost easily.
Aside from power, this model is also very durable. It is made with high-quality materials and includes a sufficient warranty to guarantee its longevity. This unit features tool-free depth adjustment and jam release, which makes it ideal for use even if you have little prior nailing experience.
- Easy to set up and use
- Includes pivoted belt hook to secure the nailer when in use
- LED light for use in dark environments
- Brushless motor will run longer and may require less maintenance
- Easy depth adjustment for better nailing
- Dual mode for speed and precision
- The battery may malfunction if mishandled when charging
- Runner tip is removable and can get lost easily
5. Bostitch BCN680D1 20V MAX Cordless Brad Nailer
- NO COMPRESSOR NEEDED: Save time and money by going cordless
- BRUSHLESS MOTOR: Brushless motor and engine design drives 18ga Brad nails from 5/8" to 2-1/8" length.
- NARROW NOSE: Narrow nose designed for clear line of sight and accuracy of nail placement
- LED LIGHTS: Multi-functional LED lights help to provide both workspace illumination and tool diagnostics
- QUICK JAM RELEASE: Tool-free jam release to quickly and easily clear nail jams
The sturdy build and great design of this brad nailer make it a great option. It is a narrow nosed, which allows you better accuracy in your nail placement. It features an easily accessible nose pad, which makes it easy to remove any jammed nails. Users have reported a low jamming frequency, which suggests this model can be effective. It also includes LED lights, which can help illuminate your DIY project at night or in dark spaces.
The model includes a number of accessories, including a fast charger, adjustable hook, and kit bag. It will be easier to carry and store, which ensures better safety and storage. If you are looking for a replacement battery, you may need to find a specific type because it is not compatible with a large number of options available.
- Quick jam release for easier removal of jammed nails
- Multifunctional LED lighting to help you work well in dark areas
- Features a great design with a narrow nose for increased accuracy
- Long warranty for guaranteed performance
- Includes kit bag, charger, and adjustable hook
- Not compatible with a variety of battery brands
If you are looking through this cordless brad nailer comparison, you will be able to find a convenient and safe model with sufficient capacity and great additional features. From Dewalt vs. Porter Cable vs. Ryobi vs. Hitachi vs. Bostitch cordless brad nailers, I fancy the Porter Cable PCC790LA. It is compatible with different nail sizes and has a large magazine capacity to ensure continuity when nailing.
The model also includes additional attachments, such as the charger. Even though it does not fast charge, it has a powerful battery which is suitable for use on heavy-duty floors. It will run for longer than other battery-powered nailers, which can be great for large projects. The model will also maintain depth consistency, although this can be easily adjusted to suit surfaces with varying thicknesses.