You probably won’t be needing a hammer anymore if you have a framing nailer. It is a very efficient and reliable tool that helps you do your work quicker and better. With its bump fire mode, a framing nailer can shoot several nails into any material just in a matter of seconds.
The great thing about this tool is that, unlike a hammer, you don’t need to exert any force. All you need to do is position the framing nailer on the frame of the material and just the pull the trigger. It’s that simple.
Here, we draw a comparison among some of the most useful framing nailers available on the market (Hitachi vs. Freeman vs. NuMax vs. Bostitch) so that it is easier for you to choose the right nailer according to your needs.
1. Hitachi NR90AES1 Framing Nailer
- Hitachi Power Tools has renamed to Metabo HPT. Same great tools, with only a new name.
- New head guard design allows for quicker disassembly during tool maintenance
- Lightweight and well balanced for ease of maneuverability and less user fatigue
- Selective actuation allows for quick changes between sequential and contact nailing with the flip of a switch
- Tool less depth adjustment to countersink or flush drive into a variety of materials
The Hitachi NR90AES1 is a great framing nailer that comes at a reasonable price. This model is a heavy-duty nailer. It weighs around 10 pounds and is very easy to carry around. Even after long durations of use, it doesn’t cause arm and hand fatigue, which is something pretty common among heavy framing nailers.
- Another great thing about this model is that it is sturdy and can withstand strong blows.
- The new head guard design of this model allows for quick disassembly for tool maintenance.
- Its good safety features make working with the machine extremely safe.
- As compared to gas-powered models, this model is much less noisy.
- The different driving modes of the model allow you to work in any setting and it is easy to maneuver the machine in tight places.
- One of its downsides is that it does not work well in hot weather conditions. This is because, due to the heat, the nail gun often jams.
- It only works with plastic collated nails.
- It does not come with a rafter hook.
2. Freeman Full Round Head Framing Nailer
- Nailed it: This 21 degree Pneumatic framing nailer features a lightweight and durable magnesium body, ergonomic secure handle, and interchangeable trigger for quick fire or single shot function. It's ideal for professional contractors and home DIY projects.
- Versatile and powerful: the framing nailer features tool-free finger depth adjustment and a no mar tip, making it adaptable for different working surfaces. It's perfect for framing, wall sheathing, siding installation, subfloors, pallet building, wood box assembly, and fencing.
- The right tool for the job: We're committed to providing outstanding value, top tier customer service and long-lasting, high-quality products. We make nailers and staplers for every purpose, from roofing to siding to flooring and everything in between.
- Quality and durability: We manufacture tools with the most durable materials under strict quality control guidelines, suitable for professional contractors and do-it-yourselfers alike. Our tools are sold, distributed, serviced, and warrantied in the USA.Operating Pressure: 70 – 115 PSI
- Tough and dependable: we make an array of durable construction Tools and Accessories, including staplers and nailers For siding, flooring, framing, finish, and roofing. Compare our products to similar items by Makita, Hitachi, BOSTITCH, Senco, Paslode, and DEWALT.
The Freeman PFR2190 is a framing nailer that comes with a 360-degree adjustable air exhaust that helps to keep the dirty air away from your face when you are working. It also helps keep your workspace clean by blowing away debris.
It weighs 8.5 pounds and is extremely lightweight and easy to carry around. The body of the nailer is made of magnesium which makes it very sturdy. With the Freeman PFR2190 21 also, you don’t have to worry about hand or arm fatigue.
- It features depth-adjustment controls which allow you to customize the firing depth.
- The handles of this model provide anti-vibration comfort and ensure a secure grip.
- Its anti-dry fire feature prevents the nailer from firing nails if the number of nails is low. This helps prevent internal damage.
- The anti-dry fire feature can somewhat be considered a con because it wastes nails; you can’t use the last 4 or 5 nails in the magazine.
- Toggling the hanging switch when you change the mode from single to bump firing is quite time-consuming.
3. NuMax Full Round Head Framing Nailer
- Nailed It: This 21 degree pneumatic framing nailer features a lightweight and durable magnesium body, ergonomic secure handle, and interchangeable trigger for quick fire or single shot function. It's ideal for professional construction contractors and home DIY projects.
- Versatile and Powerful: The framing nailer features depth adjustment and a no mar tip, making it adaptable for different working surfaces. It's perfect for framing, and it can also be used to install subfloors, roof decking, wood fencing, and sheathing.Minimum Recommended Air Delivery SCFM @ 90PSI:2.4
- The Right Tool for the Job: We're committed to providing outstanding value, top tier customer service and long lasting, high quality products. We make nailers and staplers for every purpose, from roofing to siding to flooring and everything in between.
- Quality and Durability: We manufacture tools with the most durable materials under strict quality control guidelines, suitable for professional contractors and do-it-yourselfers alike. Our tools are sold, distributed, serviced, and warrantied in the USA.
- Tough and Dependable: We make an array of durable construction tools and accessories, including staplers and nailers for siding, flooring, framing, finish, and roofing. Compare our products to similar items by Makita, Hitachi, Bostitch, Senco, Paslode, and Dewalt.
The NuMax SFR2190 is a good model for the occasional home-use. The model weighs 8.6 pounds and is extremely lightweight and easy to use. Although, the model is lightweight it is still sturdy and can withstand strong blows. The body of this model is made of magnesium and features a non-sticky o-ring.
It comes with a single hard steel driving blade. It features two triggers for single fire and multiple fires. A great thing about this model is that you need to change the switch when switching between the triggers. The model features a safety mode where it stops firing when the nail count in is too low. It is a warning sign that the cartridge needs to be reloaded.
- It comes with an anti-dust cap that keeps the machine clean even when it is stored away.
- The 360-degree air exhaust keeps your workspace clean by blowing the debris away.
- Similar to the Freeman, the anti-dry-firing feature is kind of a con.
- At times, the machine shoots blanks after 4 or 5 consecutive fires, which might require you to open and shake the cartridge before continuing.
4. Bostitch Round Head Framing Nailer
- Compressor/Air Tool Features: Fastener Collation,Fastener Depth Control, 1 1/2 inch to 3 1/2 inch framing nailer; 1,050 inch pounds of driving power; sequential and bump trigger
- 2 nailers in one: includes 2 quick change nose pieces, converts to framing or metal connector applications
- Lightweight magnesium housing; integrated rubber skid pads; rubber grip
- Includes 1 framing nailer; Power Source: Pneumatic
- 14 1/4 by 20 1/2 inches; 8.1 pounds.Operating Pressure:80 120 psi
The BOSTITCH F21PL is a great choice among framing nailers if you are working on big projects. It is very powerful and allows you to complete your job quickly and easily. It weighs 10.6 pounds and is lightweight, which is why it does not cause arm or hand fatigue.
- This framing nailer can be used with both HurriQuake nails and round-head nails, which is a great feature and many other nailers don’t offer that.
- The nail depth can be changed easily with just the push of a button. This is very useful as it helps save time.
- Plastic connected fasteners can be quickly changed to metal ones because of the unique nosepiece of the model.
- This model has a great power-to-performance ration.
- One of the downsides of this model is that, compared to the other nail guns, this one is a little noisier.
- It does not come with an air supply fitting.
All of the framing nailers mentioned above are of high quality and usually loved by users. If you are looking for sturdy and efficient framing nailers, then Hitachi NR90AES1 or Freeman PFR2190 is a great choice.