Cordless lawn mowers are a blessing for people who are passionate about maintaining their patch of land and attend their yard on their own.
These power tools are available in various models and options which make it difficult to decide which one to buy. For this reason, we have reviewed a bunch of products and made a comparison between Greenworks vs. EGO vs. Sun Joe vs. Worx vs. Snapper. We’ll explain each model, giving you the features, benefits, pros, and cons so you can decide which cordless lawn mower is best for you.
1. Greenworks MO40L2512
Greenworks MO40L2512 is quite popular in the lawnmower market. The best part about this lawn mower is that there is an option of the dual battery. You can store one battery while the other one is in use, which saves you time and gives continuous usage.
- It is quite durable with a steel finish
- Innovative Smart Cut technology means it automatically increases the speed of the blade as required
- It is lightweight and easy to maneuver
- The runtime is more than an hour in one full charge
- It provides smooth operation with the least possible noise.
- The battery life isn’t very consistent
- It doesn’t seem very productive after a few uses
Conclusion: Overall, this lawn mower is great because of their innovative Smart Cut technology and its easy operation, but it lacks when it comes to the battery life and the customer services which majority of the customers complain about.
2. EGO Power LM2002
This lawn mower is powered by a 56-volt lithium battery and a 600-watt magnetic motor that is quite powerful. This machine is much quieter as compared to a gas powered one and has the right amount of cutting power. It is also quite stylish.
- Fairly lightweight
- 5-year warranty
- It provides compact storage that can be folded
- It is relatively expensive.
Conclusion: This cordless lawn mower from Ego Power+ is a great machine if you are looking for an electric lawn mower that is eco-friendly and has a great, generous amount of cutting power. However, it is a bit expensive.
3. Sun Joe ION16LM
The Sun Joe ION16LM is ideal if you are looking for a lightweight lawn mower. It has a lithium-ion battery that lasts for a good 40 minutes for uninterrupted use. This mower works efficiently and can cut up to 16 inches of swaths and does not take much time to trim a yard. This cordless lawn mower is ideal for regular maintenance for yards of 1/4 acre or less.
- The battery charges very quickly.
- The mower comes fully assembled, except for the handles.
- It is easy to operate and is lightweight.
- It does not mulch well and does not have a side.
Conclusion: This is a good choice for an electric cordless mower if you want a small machine and if you are not looking to get a self-propelled mower. The best part about it is that its battery only takes 30 minutes to recharge.
4. Worx WG779
This one has an extended runtime and high cutting power and can cut up to 5000 sqft in one charge. It is equipped with the patented Intelli Cut technology which smartly delivers the required power on demand, helping you save on battery usage.
- Compact design and is lightweight
- Comfortable foam handles
- Multiple cutting heights
- Prominent battery level indicators
- Equipped with a dual-port charger
- Two 20v 4Ah batteries
- The build quality of the machine could have been better
- It is a bit overpriced as compared to other similar machines.
Conclusion: This machine by Worx is a great cordless mower to use if you do not wish to spend a lot of money. It is well-equipped, comfortable to use and provides a high-powered cut. Most customers are satisfied with this mower but some complaint of the battery life running out too soon.
5. Snapper XD SXDWM82K
This is quite a powerful cordless lawn mower that is versatile and efficient. It offers excellent value for your money. It has two batteries, each providing a runtime of at least 45 minutes, which means your cutting is never interrupted.
- The brushless motor is quite powerful, as compared to the other machines
- It provides an energy-conserving runtime
- It has a quick start
- The storage compartment is easy to use
- It is relatively much quieter
- It doesn’t give out polluted air
- The batteries are easily interchanged.
- Rather heavy for an electric lawn mower
- Quite expensive
- It may be a risky choice for wet conditions
- If the grass is thick, it consumes more power and shortens the runtime.
Conclusion: This is a very useful machine, even though it is quite expensive. The operation is easy and the machine is safe to use and easy to maintain.
Greenworks vs. EGO Power vs. Sun Joe vs. Worx vs. Snapper, which is the best cordless lawn mower? Our pick is Greenworks MO40L2512 and EGO Power LM2002. These cordless lawn mowers are lightweight and powerful.