A cordless hammer drill is an essential power tool for Do-it-yourself experts and seasoned professionals to finish any tough tasks. If you are on the lookout to buy a cordless hammer drill, here are our comparison review of Dewalt vs. Bosch vs. Makita vs. Milwaukee vs. Ryobi. We explain each product with detailed reviews, pros, and cons.
1. Dewalt DCD996B
The Dewalt DCD996B is a perfect choice if you are looking for a powerful brushless tool that can help you finish your work quickly. You can use this hammer drill from light DIY household tasks to drilling through tough materials at your job site. The high efficiency of the brushless motor helps you to drill holes quickly in hard materials like concrete or metal with ease. It has 3-mode LED lights to light up your workplace, and a side handles to help you drill with a better grip and control.
- The high-efficient motor that supplies 820 Units Watts Out (UWO) for a faster application speed.
- Has a 3-speed motor feature.
- Gives you up to 38,250 blows per minute and 2,250 rotations per minute.
- Features a 3-mode LED work lights.
- Compatible with 20V Lithium-Ion batteries.
- Includes a 360-degree well- balanced side handle.
- Comes with a belt hook.
- Comes with a durable nitro-carbonized chuck.
- Does not come with a battery and charger.
- Does not come with an auxiliary handle.
- Noise level can be loud.
- Battery Mount may be too loose.
- Loose chuck that needs to be tightened properly.
2. Bosch HDH181XB
If you are looking for a safe power drill that can withstand untoward torque reactions, the Bosch HDH181XB is what you need to perform your DIY drilling tasks. This hammer drill is specially built with an innovative design like the Active Response Technology that helps you to have better control in bind up situations. It is built with Bosch Durashield housing that helps to automatically shut the tool down and prevent dangerous torque conditions at your construction site.
The Bosch HDH181XB has a 4-pole motor that provides 752 In. /lbs of torque, making it powerful for drilling a broad range of high torque bits. It also features an advanced electronic motor and cell protection that helps prevent overheating and overloading. It has an LED light which comes in handy when you have to work in low light situations.
- Active Response Technology for better control.
- Bosch Exclusive Durashield housing.
- All- metal gearbox to prevent rugged job site conditions.
- 750 In. Lbs of torque powered by a four pole motor.
- Innovated electronic motor and cell protection.
- Compatible with any Bosch 18-Volt Lithium-Ion batteries.
- Comes with an all-metal box for easier portability.
- Built-in LED lights.
- Comes with an auxiliary handle and screwdriver bits.
- Two gear options with speeds ranging from 0 to 440 rotations per minute and 0 to 1850 rotations per minute.
- Battery and charger not included.
3. Makita XPH12T
Whether you are a DIY expert working on your furniture and other house maintenance projects or a professional doing heavy duty tasks, Makita XPH12T is the ideal hammer drill to go to. This hammer drill is popular with DIY users and professionals and is known as a highly efficient 18V drills found in the market.
It provides 530 In.lbs of maximum torques and provides efficient power for drilling and boring in materials like wood, concrete, and metal. It is engineered as a workhorse tool in harsh and demanding job site conditions.
This drill has a Makita’s exclusive brushless motor that runs for a longer time, faster speed and efficient power, and extended tool life. Makita XPH12T is also powered by Makita exclusive Star Protection battery that prevents over discharging, overloading and overheating which helps in optimizing battery life.
- Has full 530 In. Lbs torques.
- Equipped with a Makita’s exclusive brushless motor.
- Works efficiently in wood, metal, and concrete.
- Engineered as a workhouse tool.
- Powered by Makita exclusive Star Protection battery.
- Two-speed transmissions options varying from 0-500 and 0-2,000 rotations per minute.
- Built-in LED
- It can be too heavy to perform a small task.
- Battery drains faster from continuous high powered use.
4. Milwaukee 2704-20
The Milwaukee 2704-20 is your best choice if you are looking for a hammer drill that is light and powerful. It is light and compact but highly efficient in power which makes it suitable to complete your DIY drilling tasks.
The Milwaukee hammer drill runs on Brushless Motor Technology by acting as a powerful tool to supply 1,200 In. Lbs of torques and up to 2,000 rotations per minute and complete your drilling quickly and efficiently.
This efficient hammer drill offers Red LinkPlus Intelligence which protects your power tool from any damage. The innovative tool effectively protects the tool and its battery from over discharging or overloading. Milwaukee promotes its exclusive M18 RedLithium XCS.0 battery for this tool ensuring that the hammer drill can work for a longer period of time.
- Delivers 1,200 In. Lbs. of torque speed,
- Built with Brushless Motor Technology.
- Features a two-speed option of 0-550 and 0-2,000 rotations per minute for quicker drillings.
- Built with RedLink Plus Intelligence.
- Comes with RedLithium batteries.
- Comes with a Belt clip holder.
- Compact at only 7.75 inches long.
- Covered by five years limited warranty.
- Limited speed settings.
- Low chuck performance.
5. Ryobi P214
You can complete your DIY tasks and other masonry jobs around the home or outside easily with the Ryobi P214. Built with optimal comfort and useful features, you will be a professional with Ryobi’s hammer drill.
The Ryobi P214 has 600 in. lbs of torque and 24,000 blows per minute. The brush motor has efficient power to bore through concrete and bricks. It features a 24- position clutch and 2-speed gearbox to suit any of your DIY projects. You can also adjust the drill speeds to drill through materials like wood, plastic, and metal.
The drill features an onboard magnetic tray to keep bits and screws within your reach so you save time going back and forth in between works. The rubber handle makes it easier for you to have a better grip on the tool. This tool operates on Lithium Ion One+ and is compatible with any Ryobi tools. It has an in-built LED lights to drill even in low lit areas.
- Built-in magnetic tray.
- LED lights.
- A dual speed of torque at 600 In. Lbs and up to 24,000 blows per minute.
- Adjustable chuck and 2- speed gearbox.
- Lower torque performance.
We have compared and reviewed these five best cordless hammer drills in detail and we recommend you to buy one that suits you best for your upcoming DIY projects or construction works. These five drills provide optimal performance and include all the essential features you need. Each of these drills is worth your money.
The Makita XPH12T drill stands at the top of our choices. If you need a drill that can power efficiently for a long period, we recommend you go for this.
Ryobi P214 drill is our Budget pick. The Milwaukee 2704-20 is durable and the high-efficiency brushless motor in Dewalt DCD996B will complete your tasks quickly. If you value safety, go for Bosch HDH181XB