The best cordless hedge trimmer should be durable, lightweight to reduce trimming weight. Have a high power battery to increase running time. Safe to use and portable to move around your hedges. It should be made of quality material and maximize cutting time. These features will make your hedge trimming easier and enjoyable.
This comparison review of Dewalt vs. Black Decker vs. Makita vs. Milwaukee vs. Greenworks cordless hedge trimmer will simplify your research. It summarizes the features, pros, and cons so you can decide which hedge trimmer is best for you.
1. Dewalt DCHT820P1 Cordless Hedge Trimmer
- Powerful high output motor of the cordless hedge trimmer is designed for cuts up to 3/4-inch thick
- The battery powered hedge trimmer has 22-inch laser cut, hooked-tooth blade design
- Trimmers for plants have high capacity 5.0Ah Lithium Ion battery
- Compact and lightweight design
- Part of the 20V MAX* system of tools
The Dewalt DCHT820P1 hedge trimmer has a 20V Lithium-ion rechargeable battery. It delivers enough power that increases the run time. It has a 22-inch blade that is crafted from steel making it more durable. This length also offers extensive reach with the ability cuts branches up to 75 inches long without the need for too much pressure.
The 20-volt hedge max trimmer has controls that are easy to manipulate and are oversized. The hedge trimmers thumb switch locks the trigger.
There is 40 percent less vibration while trimming due to the double trimming blades. It also has a 3-year warranty and weighs 11.5 pounds.
- The trimmer is very sharp
- Has a large laser cut
- Its light making it easy to use
- Has a high voltage battery
- Requires less maintenance
- Offers fewer vibrations
- Maybe little heavy for some women
2. Black Decker LHT2436 Cordless Hedge Trimmer
- Powerful 40V Lithium Ion battery of the cordless hedge trimmer delivers power and run-time to complete the toughest jobs
- 24 inch dual-action blades of the battery powered hedge trimmer cut branches fast with less vibration
- Trimmers for plants have extended reach blades with a 3/4 inch cut capacity trim more in less time
- Up to 6000 sq ft of actual hedges trimmed per charge
- Wrap-around front handle provides comfort and control in vertical and horizontal trimming application
For tougher jobs, this trimmer comes in handy. It has a 40V Lithium-ion rechargeable battery that increases running time allowing you plenty of time to do your work. A fully charged battery provides 45 minutes of run time. It can trim up to sixty thousand square feet on a battery charge. The indicator button allows you to monitor battery charge.
It comes with a 24-inch dual action blade with a capability of slicing through branches up to 0.75 inches. It produces 2400 cutting strokes per minute. It cuts through tough and dense hedges effectively.
The high power level reduces vibrations during works reducing muscle fatigue. It weighs 6.9 pounds making it light curbing overexertion and easy maneuvering around your yard. The wrap around front handle allows you to maintain a comfortable grip which when held vertically or horizontally.
- Female friendly
- Has a wrap around front handle making it comfortable to use
- Clean slicing blades
- Powerful battering with high runtime
- Can handle tough vegetation
- Large handle that can accommodate gloves
- Excellent built-in cord retention that minimizes accidental unplugging
- Can share chargers with other items
- Convenient and easy to use
- Rather noisy
3. Makita XHU02Z Cordless Hedge Trimmer
- Equipped with Star protection Computer controls to protect against overloading, over-discharging and over-heating
- Makita-built motor delivers 2, 700 SPM for fast cutting speed
- 22" Dual action Double-Sided Shear blade provides precision cutting
- Anti-vibration structure is engineered with five cushions within the motor housing to help minimize vibration
- Battery capacity warning system turns on indicator light and automatically stops motor to notify user when it is time to recharge the Battery (Battery and charger sold separately)
The Makita XHU02Z Trimmer provides increased cutting speed assisted by the 1350 SPM and 22-inch blade built in motor. This hedge trimmer has a Lithium Ion battery of 18V that allows running time up to 120 minutes on low settings. The Makita created star protection computer controls helps improve tool performance and extended battery life. It is thirty-eight inches long with an ergonomic and compact design.
It produces a 25% lower noise of 87 dB enabling you to trim your edges without disturbing your neighbors. It’s maneuverable and easy to use with reduced operator fatigue because of its 7.4 pounds lightweight.
The trimmer features two-handed operation since the motor is activated when the top handle and switch is activated. The grip is made of rubber facilitating increased comfort while working. Increased productivity is enabled by its electric brake. Blades’ changing is quick and efficient since there is no need to disassemble the housing.
- Allow quick blades changes without dissembling
- Anti-vibration design minimizes vibrations
- Has a rubberized soft grip
- High battery capacity
- Increased cutting edge speed
- High cutting capacity
- Battery and charger sold separately
4. Milwaukee 2726-20 Cordless Hedge Trimmer
- Product is manufacture in China
- 3 yr. on material and workmanship
- This product meets customer requirement
This trimmer has a brushless motor that gives longer motor life and increases performance by giving the 24-inch blade length more power. It has a total system of communication between tools, battery, and charger providing overload protection and optimized performance.
Its high demand rechargeable Red lithium battery has a high voltage 0f 9V with up to 2 hours run time for every full charge. This ensures high power, increased runtime performance, and long life.
It has a blade length of 24-inch capacity allowing for a relatively large coverage increasing productivity and cuts three-quarter branches up to 30 % faster.
The weight of 8.6 pounds and professional hand placement will provide you with balance and control while working. Its make includes a slider-crank mechanism that contributes to durability and longer life. It has a tip guard preventing damage to the blade and the property.
- Slider-crank mechanism improving durability
- High run time of up to two hours
- Has a brushless motor
- Has a large blade length capacity
- Hand placement provide balance and control
- Batteries and chargers sold separately
5. Greenworks 22262 Cordless Hedge Trimmer
- Powered by 24V Lithium-Ion Battery and compatible with both indoor and outdoor tools--includes 2Ah Battery and Charger
- Innovative 180 degree rotating rear handle to provide easy trimming at multiple angles with wrap around auxiliary handle for user comfort
- 22-Inch dual action steel blade for optimal performance, aluminum rail cover included for safe storage and transportation
- 5/8-Inch cutting capacity gets through all your bushes and hedges with greater performance
- Compatible with GreenWorks G-24 24V Lithium-Ion Battery Models 29842 and 29852 and Charger Model 29862
The Greenworks cordless hedge trimmer generates up to 3000 strokes per minute. It’s a quick charge tool with gas like power with a single charge. It has a powerful 40V Lithium-Ion battery system power.
The steel blades are dual action that allows optimal cutting performance and reduced vibration. It has a two-thirds cutting capacity giving the power to get through all your bushes and hedges with greater performance.
It has a brilliant 180-degree rotating rare handle that facilitates easy trimming with various angles; it wraps around the auxiliary handle for user comfort. It has a run time of 60 minutes which is enough time to maneuver through your yard and cut branches. It has an electric start and a lightweight of 8.3lbs that gives you an easy time while working your edges.
- Has dual action steel edges
- Reduced vibration
- Lightweight hence easy to carry around
- Has a rotating handle allowing you to rotate the trimmer in your desired angle
- Not as fast as gasoline or corded hedge trimmer
Dewalt vs. Black Decker vs. Makita vs. Milwaukee vs. Greenworks, which is the best cordless hedge trimmer? We like the Dewalt DCHT820P1. This trimmer is very sharp, comfortable weight and easy to use. The 20V 5.0AH Lithium-ion battery lasts a long time and does not make the trimmer feel heavy.