A great finish nailer will make your work easy. It should offer a convenient application while protecting your floors and surfaces. It should also have a large capacity, which will ensure you get enough work done for every magazine change. A great model will also experience fewer jams and should allow you to remove any stuck nails without needing your tools.
This comparison review looks into Dewalt vs. Hitachi vs. Porter Cable vs. Bostitch vs. Paslode cordless finish nailers to find an ideal model for your flooring. It looks into the design, durability, capacity, run times and safety features offered by these cordless finish nailers to help you find the most suitable one for you.
1. Dewalt DC618K 18-Volt 16 Gauge 20 Degree Angled Finish Nailer
- Engine design allows the tool to work as fast as the end user with consistent nail penetration into both soft and hard joints
- Sequential operating mode allows for precision placement and the bump operating mode provides the user with production speed.
- Easy access to the nosepiece for the removal of jammed nails without the use of screwdrivers or tool wrenches
- Contact Trip Lock-Off allows trigger to be disabled when not in use. 20-degree angled magazine (up to 120 nail capacity) and will accept DEWALT and most other 20-degree angled finish nails
- Integrated LED lights for long life and durability; Top cap is impact resistant and easy to remove for troubleshooting
The Dewalt DC618K comes with a 3-year warranty, which should guarantee performance. It is made with great quality materials and features a strong build. Some of its tough components include an impact-resistant top cap, which prevents the model from damaging in case of falling. It also has a streamlined design for increased accuracy in your application.
The large capacity magazine will ensure consistency in your nailing, with the nose pad easily accessible to remove any jammed nails or adjust depth. The unit is designed with a pointed nose, increasing the accuracy of your placement. It has a solid base, which prevents it from easily tipping over. The fast charge ensures its powerful battery requires minimal maintenance and reduces the likelihood of damage as a result of overcharging.
The model’s high-quality materials also increase its overall weight, making it unsuitable for overhead work. However, it is very safe because it includes a safety trigger with a contact lock that prevents the model from firing unintentionally. The padded handle will keep your project comfortable and enjoyable.
- Great design for consistent nail application
- Contact lock prevents the trigger from firing when not in use
- Impact resistant top cap increases its durability
- Easy access to the nosepiece for removal of any jammed nails
- Large 120 nail capacity magazine
- Includes fast charger
- Might be too heavy for overhead work
2. Hitachi NT1865DM 18V Cordless Straight Finish Nailer
- Hitachi Power Tools has renamed to Metabo HPT; Same great tools, with only a new name
- Brushless motor for longer run time, less maintenance and increased durability
- Straight magazine holds 100 16 gauge fasteners from 1" up to 2 1/2" in length
- Powered by a Compact 3.0Ah Lithium Ion battery that is 3/4" shorter and .6 lbs lighter than a conventional 3.0Ah battery for complete portability
- Selective actuation switch transitions between sequential mode and bump fire mode, when rapid nailing is preferred
While its nail capacity is not the largest one available, it can hold up to 100 nails in its magazine. This model is ergonomically designed and can be moved conveniently. This makes it easy to store and transport, which reduces the likelihood of damage. It has a comfortable handle to ensure users nail their surfaces at precise points without slipping.
The Hitachi NT1865DM is unlikely to jam, although this might happen slightly more often than other listed finish nailers. However, you can remove any jammed nails as well as adjust the depth through the easily accessible nosepad. Its great design allows you to nail more precisely for a neat and even finish.
This finish nailer features a powerful battery for prolonged running times. It also includes a fast charger to ensure that a low battery will not disrupt your project for too long. You will also receive a pair of safety glasses and gloves to protect you from any potential accidents.
- Brushless motor
- 100 nail capacity magazine
- Better designed battery for convenient movement
- Comfortable grip handle
- Tool-free depth adjustment for a consistent finish
- Dual speed for precision and pace
- Includes fast charger
- Too heavy for overhead work
3. Porter-Cable PCC792LA 20V MAX Cordless Straight Finish Nailer
- This cordless finish nailer is 100% battery power eliminates need for a compressor, hose or costly gas cartridges
- Motor design of the 16 gauge finish nailer provides consistent firing power into various materials and climate conditions
- Multiple Tool-Free settings provide ease of use
- Unit's lightweight and optimal center of gravity provide user comfort in multiple positions
- Multi functional dual LED lights function for workspace illumination and error indication
The Porter-Cable PCC792LA will facilitate a high level of safety. The safety trigger will not fire when the unit is not in use, ensuring that there is a lower risk of an accident. It also features tool-free jam release and depth adjustment, thanks to its easily accessible nose pad.
Features a powerful lithium-ion battery which guarantees extended run times. This finish nailer also has a sleek and compact design to allow you better accuracy when nailing your surfaces. Even though it is narrow, it is made with great quality materials for an extended lifespan. It can be used in the dark, thanks to conveniently located and multifunctional LED lights.
- Tool-free settings for increased ease of use and higher safety levels
- Large 100 nail capacity
- Compact design for accurate nailing
- Powerful Li-ion battery
- LED lights to help work in dark areas
- Easy depth adjustment and jam release
- Need an additional battery for long jobs
4. Bostitch BCN662D1 20V MAX 16 Gauge Straight Finish Nailer
- Drives 16 GA Straight Finish Nails from 1-1/4-inch to 2-1/2-inch length with this cordless finish nailer
- Narrow nose of the 16 gauge finish nailer is designed for clear line of sight and accuracy of nail placement
- Tool-free depth adjustment for precise countersinking of nails
- Tool-free selector switch for sequential or contact actuation modes
- Tool-free jam release to quickly and easily clear nail jams
Even if you are working at night, you will still be able to nail your floors to meet your expectations thanks to this model’s LED fixtures. It is also designed in great shape, which makes it easy to handle. However, some users have complained about the placement of the LED lights and suggested that they are difficult to use in extremely dark areas. For best results, you may need to consider additional lighting options if you are working in the dark.
You will be able to enjoy two modes, either choosing between speed or precision, depending on the type of nailing. The model’s motor is powerful and will guarantee better performance and longer running times than other available options. If you are using it in the precision mode, your unit will last even longer. The brushless motor requires little maintenance.
- Great shape for increased accuracy
- Tool-free depth adjustment and jam release
- Dual selector mode for precision or pace
- Multifunctional LED lights for convenient use even in the dark
- Powerful battery with a brushless motor
- LED lights not ideally placed
5. Paslode 902400 16 Gauge Angled Cordless Finish Nailer
- Precise Nail Placement - Angled magazine reaches tight spots and allows precise nail placement, crown molding or baseboard in the corners.
- No Downtime - 7V Li-ion battery and up to 12,000 nails per charge lessens downtime and provide fuel that will last a full day.
- Lightweight - Only 4.5 lbs. for added comfort and control.
- Convenient Maneuvering - Cordless design and no hoses make work easier.
- No Mar Tip - Preserves smooth surface and prevents scratching and markings on work surfaces.
The Paslode 902400 is lightweight, which allows it to be used on vertical and overhead surfaces easily. It is angled for a precise finish, meaning that you will only need to go over every part of your project once to get it right. The model is compatible with both fuel cartridges and a lithium-ion battery, making it ideal for you if you enjoy a variety of power options.
It jams very rarely, ensuring continuity when nailing. In the event that a nail is jammed, it can be removed through the easily accessible nose pad. You do not require tools to open it up or adjust the depth of your nails. This reduces the risk of component damage, and ensure convenient management of your unit.
The Paslode finish nailer is a very compact unit, which means it can be used in tight spaces. It is also very mobile and may be used for outdoors projects. You should schedule regular maintenance for this nailer, especially if you switch between battery use and fuel cartridges. This will ensure that it lasts longer.
- Angled and streamlined for a precise finish
- Very lightweight and ideal for overhead use
- Great tool-free depth adjustment
- Fits in tight spaces
- Battery runs longer
- Compatible with fuel cells for a variety of power options
- Noise is loud in an area of tile floors and bare walls
This cordless finish nailer comparison focuses on the basic requirements of a great unit. Looking through these Dewalt vs. Hitachi vs. Porter Cable vs. Bostitch vs. Paslode cordless finish nailer features, the Dewalt DC618K XRP stands out because of its durability, design, and safety.
It is well designed, even though it is too heavy for use on overhead nailing projects. Its weight results from the high-quality materials used, as well as the sturdy build. Even though it is limited to lower surfaces, it will guarantee effective performance over a long time. For added convenience, it includes a fast charger and is very comfortable to use because of its padded handle.