The cordless rotary hammer is the one tool to tackle your DIY projects like remodeling your home or installing items. You can complete tasks easily using this powerful tool by using as a hammer or by drilling through hard bricks and concrete at your construction site.
Before you buy a cordless rotary hammer, you need to consider all its strengths and weaknesses. We have selected five of the biggest brands in the power tool world namely, Dewalt, Makita, Ryobi, Bosch, and Milwaukee.
View our comparison of Dewalt vs. Makita vs. Ryobi vs. Bosch vs. Milwaukee with detailed reviews. And our recommendations to buy your next cordless rotary hammer depending upon the kind of DIY projects you will be doing. In no time you will be informed and can become a seasoned pro.
1. Dewalt DCH273B 20V MAX SDS Rotary Hammer Drill
- Brushless motor for extended runtime and durability
- Active Vibration Control which significantly reduces vibration
- 2.1 Joules impact energy which provides corded power without the cord
- Retractable utility hook for convenient hanging and storage
- No Load Speed 0 - 1,100 rpm. Optimal Concrete Drilling-5/32 - 1/2 inch. Chuck Type-SDS+. Blows/Min- 0 - 4,600 bpm
Whether you are a DIY enthusiast or construction professionals looking for a multipurpose and powerful rotary hammer in your toolbox, the Dewalt DCH273B is a versatile choice for you. It is powerful and well designed. It is best suited for drilling light concrete or bricks.
The rotary hammer is powered by a Dewalt brushless motor that can run efficiently for a long duration. The German-engineered tool gives 2.1 Joules amount of impact energy. It is powered by a battery and comes with two sets of Max batteries (5.0Ah).
The Dewalt DCH273B also comes with a utility hook that makes you hang and store the tool in between works. The equipment offers the SHOCKS Active Vibration Control that reduces vibration which makes it easy and comfortable to use. The Dewalt DCH273B is one of the best rotary hammer drills for light drilling in the market.
- Extended and longer runtime and durability.
- Vibration control.
- Extended battery life.
- High torque power and speed.
- Utility hook to hang the tool after use.
- Inbuilt LED lights to illuminate your workspace in dark areas.
- Battery sold separately.
- Not suited for heavy drilling.
2. Makita XRH01Z 18V LXT Cordless Rotary Hammer
- Efficient BL Brushless Motor
- Efficient BL Brushless motor is electronically controlled to optimize battery energy use for up to 50% longer run time per charge
- The BL Brushless Motor eliminates carbon brushes, enabling the BL Motor to run cooler and more efficiently for longer life
- Compact and ergonomic design at only 12-7/8" long
- Weighs only 7.2 lbs. with battery (battery not included) for reduced operator fatigue
The XRH01Z is Makita’s first largest and the best selling 18 V cordless rotary hammer. Use this power tool for your DIY projects at home to install drywall and fix doorknobs as well as for construction works at your job site.
It powers on 18V Lithium-ion battery and is durable and compatible with any Star battery. This innovative motor allows computer control on the energy usage which helps manage the battery.
This rotary hammer features a Brushless Motor Technology that offers speed up to 0-950 RPM, 4,700 BPM, and 2.0 Joules. The motor delivers up to 50% extended time. You can also control and adjust the depth of the drilling speed.
The brushless motor also removes carbon brushes that enable the motor to run efficiently for years. It also includes a three-mode operation including, rotation only, hammering with rotation, and hammer only.
- 50% longer run-time.
- 3-mode operation
- Ergonomically designed.
- Extended tool and battery life.
- Fast charging.
- 3-year warranty on drill, charger, and battery.
- Compatible with any Lithium Ion Star battery.
- The price is a bit high.
- HEPA Dust Extraction Vacuum sold separately.
3. Ryobi P222 18V SDS Rotary Hammer
- This refurbished product is tested and certified to look and work like new. The refurbishing process includes functionality testing, basic cleaning, inspection, and repackaging. The product ships with all relevant accessories, and may arrive in a generic box
The Ryobi P222 is a powerful rotary hammer that produces up to 5,000 BPM 1,300 RPM allowing you to hammer through tough and heavy-duty materials like concrete and bricks. This tool features a three-mode selector that includes a rotary hammer, rotational drilling, and chisel only.
This innovated rotary hammer drill also features a chisel adjustment mode which allows you to control in rotating the bits freely to your convenience.
The power tool works with any 18V ONE+ and Lithium-Ion battery and also features Ryobi’s ONE+ battery’s fuel gauge with four lights that indicate the battery level.
The Ryobi P222 includes an LED lights to light up your workspace and lets you work at ease. Ryobi P222 serves as an affordable “pro-featured” tool brand and is mostly used by construction professionals but this efficient tool also attracts DIY enthusiasts alike to perform their tasks.
- 3-mode selectors for rotary hammer, rotational drilling, and chisel only.
- Innovative chisel mode adjustment for better control.
- SDS-Plus chuck for fast applications.
- Powerful and compact design.
- Improved Grip Zone.
- Inbuilt LED light for work visibility.
- Energy saving mode.
- Indicator lights to show battery status.
- Battery sold separately.
4. Bosch RH328VC-36K 36V SDS-plus Rotary Hammer
- Power of corded hammers with cordless convenience
- Vibration Control for comfort and control
- Long battery runtime with included 36-Volt batteries
- Industry-standard 1-1/8-Inch SDS-plus chuck
- Hammer delivers 4,100 bpm
For DIYers and professional handymen who want mobility, speed and efficient power in a rotary hammer, the Bosch RH328VC is an ideal choice. It can be used for drilling through tough materials like concrete or wood. This power tool can be used as a hammer or as a drill which means it is a valuable tool that you must possess.
The 4-pole motor is designed to provide a voltage power that can deliver up to 4,100 BPM. The rotary hammer features vibration control that allows you to work comfortably.
The Bosch RH328VC includes Electronic Precision Control for smooth functioning. It provides the innovated Kick Back Control sensor that detects sudden movement by shutting off the motor on its own and preventing you from any injury.
The drill has three modes such as the rotary hammer, rotation only and hammers only for you to choose the one which suits your task best.
It features Boschs’s standard 1-1/8-inches chuck which results in optimal performance. It has extended battery life and LED that helps you work in dark spaces.
- Reduced vibrations.
- Kick Back Control sensor.
- Electronic Precision Control.
- Long battery life.
- Bosch standard 1-1/8-inch SDS-Plus Chuck.
- The price is a bit high.
- One year warranty only.
5. Milwaukee 2717-21HD M18 FUEL SDS Rotary Hammer
The Milwaukee 2717-21HD or the M18 rotary hammer is the first industry to introduce 18V SDS-max cordless to the world. It delivers high optimal performance featuring the three Milwaukee exclusive engineerings like the POWERSTATE Brushless Motor, Red Lithium Battery Pack and REDLINK PLUS Intelligence Hardware and Software that supplies efficient power, speed, and durability.
The Milwaukee POWERSTATE Brushless motor provides 5 ft. lbs. of energy at 0-450 RPM and 0-3,000 BPM. The Milwaukee RED LITHIUM 9.0 Battery Packs provides optimal performance for longer battery life.
This cordless rotary hammer drill is powered by FUEL technology to drill faster like the corded hammers with corded durability and provides over 20 minutes of continuous chipping. REDLINK PLUS Intelligence prevents the battery from overloading, overheating, and over-discharging.
The Milwaukee rotary hammer drill performs heavy- duty tasks like dry coring and medium-duty chipping in both concrete blocks and re-enforced concrete with greater speed and accuracy.
- FUEL Technology delivers corded speed and durability.
- POWERSTATE brushless motor to provide 0-450 RPM and 0-3,000 BPM.
- RED LITHIUM Ion 9.0 battery pack delivers up to 5X more run-time.
- REDLINK PLUS intelligence to protect the battery from overheating and over-discharging.
- Includes a side handle.
- Comes with a gear case.
- The price is a bit high.
So these are the world’s best Cordless Rotary Hammer drill in the world ideal for both DIY experts and professionals alike to perform light or heavy duty tasks. Most people have bought these and provided positive feedbacks about product reliability, durability, efficiency, and its quality.
We recommend you go for the Milwaukee 2717-21HD if you want speed, efficiency, and durability. It is worth your money. The DEWALT DCH273B is your ideal choice if you are looking for light drilling works. For safety and greater control of your tool, go for the Bosch RH328VC-36K. If you want to drill through heavy-duty materials, get the Ryobi P222.