This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, We may earn commissions from qualifying purchases made from our chosen links.
Cordless impact wrenches can be one of the handiest tools in the armory of any home mechanic. Impact wrenches are used for removing lug nuts and also often used for loosening lug bolts from vehicles, but they can be used for other purposes as well.
Considering the number of cordless impact wrenches available in the market, choosing the right one can be a quite difficult job. Since all of them come from different brands and each model varies in features and specifications.
In this comparison review of Milwaukee vs. Dewalt vs. Bosch vs. Makita vs. Ingersoll Rand, we will explain each product. Let’s get started!
1. Milwaukee 2763-22 M18 1/2″ Inch Impact Wrench
- Superior performance: Delivers up to 700 ft-lbs of maximum fastening torque, up to 1,100 ft-lbs of nut-busting torque and up to 2X more runtime
- POWERSTATE Brushless Motor: Outpowers competitors yet runs cooler with no wearable components
- REDLINK PLUS Intelligence: allows the operator to choose between 2 fastening modes with Milwaukees proprietary DRIVE CONTROL feature.
- REDLITHIUM XC 4.0 Battery Pack: Provides superior pack construction, electronics and performance to deliver 2X more runtime
- 1/2 Inch Anvil with friction ring for fast, easy socket changes
The Milwaukee 2763-22 weighs around 15 pounds and measures 16.1 x 4.3 x 12.6 inches. It is lightweight and does not strain arms and hands when you are working with it.
It is known to deliver double runtime, maximum torque power, and its two fastening modes. The first mode is capable of delivering 100 ft-lbs of torque power, while the second mode delivers up to 700 ft-lbs.
It is battery-powered at 18V and the batteries for the impact wrench are made of red lithium. Additionally, the impact driver comes with one charger, two sets of batteries and other accessories.
Furthermore, it also makes working in low-lit areas easy. Overall, this is a very efficient and reliable tool.
2. Dewalt DCF889HM2 20V MAX Lithium Ion Impact Wrench
- Hog ring anvil for quick & easily change sockets
- 400 ft.-lbs of maximum torque to perform a wide range of heavy-duty fastening applications
- XR Li-Ion batteries with fuel gauge provide 33% more capacity over standard packs
- Variable speed trigger with electric brake provides user improved control
The Dewalt DCF889HM2 is a great tool for both DIY tasks and professional jobs. It has a stylish design and weighs 11.95 pounds and measures 17.1 x 5.9 x 9.8 inches. It is not too heavy and, hence, easy to work with. You don’t need to worry about straining your arm while working with it.
It is equipped with a hog ring anvil for easy attachment and removal of the wrenching socket and is powered by a long-lasting lithium-ion battery pack.
This impact wrench delivers up to 400 ft-lbs of maximum torque, which makes it suitable for heavy-duty fastening as well as small tasks at home. It features built-in LED lights, which helps the user work in poorly lit areas.
XR technology has been used to make sure the lithium-ion batteries provide up to 33 percent more power capacity as compared to the run-of-the-mill rechargeable battery packs.
Overall, the Dewalt DCF889HM2 is a great and reliable tool for driving and removing fasteners in wood, metal and even concrete without much effort and in no time. Also, it comes with a 3-year warranty.
3. Bosch IWHT180B 18V Lithium-Ion Impact Wrench
- Thin design nose piece allows getting into tight spaces
- Ergonomic soft grip handle and surfaces adds comfort and reduces user fatigue
- True flat anvil design makes changing sockets easier
- Built-in LED light for use in dark areas
- Spring-Loaded Impact Mechanism - reduces user fatigue
The Bosch IWHT180B is a modern design impact driver. It weighs 5.95 pounds and measures 13 x 9.2 x 3.1 inches. It is very lightweight and features an ergonomic soft-grip handle which prevents arm-fatigue even after long periods of use.
This cordless impact wrench delivers up to 1,900 RPM with 2,100 IMP and 500 ft-lbs of available torque. The high torque it delivers is necessary for working with sockets, nuts, and bolts with minimal effort from the user.
Another great feature of this unit is that it is equipped with a thin-design nose piece which makes it very easy to reach in tight and small spaces.
The Bosch impact wrench is equipped with built-in LED lights that illuminate the area you are working on. It makes it much easier to work in poorly lit areas and dark corners. It comes with a 30-day money-back guarantee and a 1-year warranty.
4. Makita XWT04Z 18V LXT Lithium-Ion Impact Wrench
- Makita-built motor delivers 325 ft.lbs. of Max Torque, with 1,600 RPM and 2,200 IPM for superior fastening power
- Shock absorbent handle protects battery housing for extra durability
- Rocker switch for forward/reverse operation
- Soft grip handle provides increased comfort on the job
- Compact design at only 10-1/2" long and weighs only 7.5 lbs. for reduced operator fatigue
The Makita XWT04Z weighs only 2 pounds (the lightest of the lot) and measures 12 x 4 x 11 inches in size. This model is very easy to carry around and work with for long durations. It has a modern design and a sturdy body. It has a 1/2-inch square drive which is compatible with impact-rated socket sets.
This cordless impact wrench is capable of delivering 325 ft-lbs of maximum torque and 1,600 rpm for high-powered fastening. It delivers 2,200 impacts per minute which is suitable for a wide range of fastening tasks, including removing transmission lug nuts and bolts.
This power tool is great for both heavy-duty jobs as well as small tasks at home. It features a unique rubber-joint shock-absorbent handle which helps protect the battery housing from vibration.
It features Star Protection Computer Controls, which ensures that the battery is not overcharging or over-heating. Also, it features LED lights for illumination of the area you are working on, making it easier for you to work in dim-lit areas and dark corners.
5. Ingersoll Rand W7150 1/2-Inch High-Torque Impact Wrench
- Power: 780 ft-lbs of maximum reverse torque and 1100 ft-lb of nut-busting torque from cordless impact wrench that weighs only 6.8 lb
- Durability: Steel-lined aluminum hammer case designed to be strong and light-weight for maximum protection of the internal components
- Comfort: Patent-pending soft touch over-molded grip minimizes vibration, reduces fatigue and enhances user comfort during extended use
- W7150 Standard Anvil Impactool: Includes the bare tool only. Does not include a battery or a charger
The Ingersoll Rand W7150 weighs 6.4 pounds and measures 9.4 x 3 x 8.8 inches. Like every other item in this list, it won’t cause hand or arm fatigue.
It delivers a maximum torque of 780 ft-lbs in forward and reverses and 1100 ft-lbs of bead-breaking torque. Also, it delivers 2300 impacts per minute, which makes it suitable for heavy-duty tasks as well as smaller tasks. The torque is adjustable. You can work at the level you feel comfortable on.
The magnet of the unit is made using neodymium. It enhances its performance as compared to other tools that use iron. This helps the impact driver run for hours.
Overall, the unit runs very smoothly and in a balanced way. It has a long-lasting battery and you can charge it fully in 30 minutes.
Milwaukee vs. Dewalt vs. Bosch vs. Makita vs. Ingersoll Rand, which is the best cordless impact wrench ? Our pick is Dewalt DCF889HM2 and Milwaukee 2763-22. These cordless impact wrench great for both DIY tasks and professional jobs.