This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, We may earn commissions from qualifying purchases made from our chosen links.
Cordless impact drivers are very useful tools and are something that should definitely be in your toolbox. Whether you work on construction sites or just need a reliable tool for DIY jobs, this power tool can always come in handy.
These days, the market is filled with different brands and models of impact drivers. Hence, it is not easy to choose, since all of them come with different features and specifications. Below is the comparison review of Milwaukee vs. Ryobi vs. Dewalt vs. Porter Cable vs. Makita. All of these impact drivers are very efficient and reliable.
1. Milwaukee 2656-20 M18 Lithium Ion Hex Impact Driver
- LED LIGHTING: Keep your work illuminated with the LED lighting array located just below the quick-connect chuck
- TEXTURED HANDLE: The compact design of this power tool is complemented with the textured rubber grip, which gives you superior handling, even in slippery conditions
- VARIABLE SPEED TRIGGER: Apply pressure to the trigger to match the amount of power you need on the job. This can drive the motor to create up to 3,450 impacts per minute
- REDLINK TECHNOLOGY: Electronics inside the impact driver communicate with the M18 batteries that power it to reduce the risk of overheating, which results in more efficient work
- M18 COMPATIBLE: This cordless Milwaukee impact driver works with the M18 family of lithium ion batteries. Compatible models include the 48-11-1860, 48-11-1850, 48-11-1828, and 48-11-1815, 48-11-1840, 48-11-1820
The Milwaukee 2656-20 is a great impact driver for both DIY home jobs and heavy-duty jobs. It weighs only 2.3 pounds and is super lightweight. You don’t have to worry about arm or hand fatigue after long hours of use. It is a high-powered impact driver and is very efficient for tough heavy-duty jobs.
It is packed with 1,500 inch-pounds of maximum torque which makes driving fasteners into thick and sturdy materials very easy and quick. Furthermore, it works at a speed of 2,750 rotations per minute and is very reliable for working on drywall, metal fabrications, woodworks or for driving lag bolts.
It also helps in small house jobs such as installing TV and CCTV cameras. It is equipped with a four-pole frameless motor which supports high performance due to reduced resistance and friction, which ultimately means longer runtime.
Another feature that is very convenient is the built-in LED light, which illuminates the area where you are working and makes it easier to work in low-lit areas.
2. Ryobi One+ P236 18V Lithium Ion Cordless Impact Driver
- RUBBER OVERMOLD: A notched mold on the pistol grip allows you to keep a firm hold on this tool for improved accuracy, even in slippery conditions
- TRI-BEAM LED LIGHTING illuminates your workspace upon activating the trigger, letting you see where you work
- TOOL-FREE BIT CHANGING: Simply plug a bit into the chuck to lock it in. Pull the collar back to eject the bit into the palm of your hand
- MAGNETIC TRAY keeps fasteners and bits on the unit so you can have both hands-free for extra stability
- ONE+ COMPATIBLE: This tool is part of the One+ family of 18V power tools. This means that 18V Ryobi batteries, both lithium ion and NiCad, are compatible
The Ryobi One+ P236 is a great choice if you are looking for an efficient impact driver at an affordable price. It weighs 2.7 pounds and is very lightweight. It doesn’t cause unnecessary strain on your hands.
This cordless impact driver features a Lithium-ion battery. It delivers 1,600 inch-pounds of torque for tightening and loosening all sorts of nuts and bolts, allowing you to complete all types of light-duty and heavy-duty jobs in a short amount of time.
Another great feature of this cordless impact driver is that it lets you select the exact speed you want to work at. You can achieve no-load speeds anywhere from 0 to 3,400 Impacts Per Minute and 0 to 3,200 Revolutions Per Minute.
The speed selection allows more drive depth, controlling fastener tension and drive-maximizing torque, which provides you with better precision. Furthermore, it also features direction rotation selector, which can be used to reverse the direction of rotation.
3. Dewalt DCF887BR 20V MAX XR Brushless Impact Driver
- DEWALT built brushless motor and XR Li-Ion batteries of DEWALT impact driver deliver more run time and capacity over standard units
- The cordless impact driver has 3-speed settings for optimized application versatility
- Precision drive in speed 1 for precision applications and added control
- 3 LEDs with 20-second delay after trigger release, provide visibility without shadows
- One-handed loading 1/4-inch hex chuck with easy grip sleeve, accepts 1-inch bit tips
The DEWALT DCF887BR is a super-lightweight and small-sized impact driver. It weighs only 2 pounds. It is very comfortable to work with. Also, it easily fits into tight areas.
This cordless impact driver is very efficient for both working at home and at job sites but is especially helpful for people who work on construction sites.
As compared to its 14.4V counterpart, this 20V impact driver is even better with great light controls and blazing speed. It features 3 speed settings of 0 to 1,000, 0 to 2,800 and 0 to 3,250 RPM.
The Dewalt DCF887BR XR has Lithium-ion batteries and its brushless motor delivers more capacity and runtime. You can easily and quickly replace bits due to its ¼-inch hex quick-connect chuck.
4. Porter-Cable PCCK647LB 20V MAX Impact Driver
- Brushless motor of the the cordless impact driver provides 50% more runtime
- Powerful motor provides 1,400 in-lbs of torque for large fastening applications
- Transmission provides 2,700 MAX RPM's for speed of fastening applications
- 1/4-inch Quick change hex for one handed quick and easy bit changes
The Porter-Cable PCCK647LB is a great brushless impact driver. It features a powerful motor that provides a torque of 1,400 inch-pounds. It weighs 2.9 pounds and is very lightweight. It does not strain your arms at all. Its ergonomic design makes working with it a pleasant experience.
Another great feature of this tool is its design. It has a very modern design and the quality shows through when you hold it. Also, the brushless motor it features is very powerful and lends to the longevity of the tool.
The Porter-Cable impact driver does not have a clutch for adjusting torque load, but that is not a problem since the torque automatically adjusts itself. When the screws are in tight enough, the driver itself stops applying torque.
This impact driver also features a built-in LED light which is very useful for working in low-lit areas. It’s bright and well-positioned. Also, it shuts off and activates itself by determining the amount of light in the area.
The driver is equipped with a 20V removable battery that lasts for a long time and only takes 25 minutes to fully charge.
5. Makita XDT11Z 18V LXT Brushless Cordless Impact Driver
- BL Brushless motor delivers 1,500 inch pounds Of max torque
- Variable speed (0 to 3,400 RPM & 0 to 3,600 IPM) for a wide range of fastening applications
- The BL Brushless motor eliminates carbon brushes, enabling the BL motor to run cooler and more efficiently for longer life
- Efficient BL Brushless motor is electronically controlled to optimize battery energy use for up to 50 percent longer run time per charge
- The electronically controlled BL Brushless motor efficiently uses energy to match torque and RPM to the changing demands of the application
The Makita XDT13Z is another impact driver with a very modern design. It weighs 2.6 pounds and is very lightweight. It has a good balance and is very easy to operate. It measures 5 inches long and features an ergonomic handle and rubber mold.
The handle has a textured design which allows a better grip of the tool. It works great for both light-duty tasks and heavy-duty jobs.
One of the best features of this unit is its battery, which works with continuous immense energy for days without slowing down. It charges very fast as well. Like all the other drivers, this one is also equipped with a built-in LED light.
Furthermore, it is equipped with a convenient 1/4″ hex chuck for quick bit changes. It comes with a 3-year warranty.
All of the cordless impact drivers mentioned above are well known for their efficiency and durability. But our recommended are Milwaukee 2656-20 and Dewalt DCF887BR.