This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, We may earn commissions from qualifying purchases made from our chosen links.
Are you in the market for a cordless drill driver? If you are, you’re probably familiar with the most popular brand names. In this comparison review of cordless drill driver, we’ll do the match-ups for you. In other words, this is DeWalt vs. Makita vs. Milwaukee vs. Bosch vs. Porter Cable. We’ll explain each model, giving you the features so you can decide which cordless drill driver is best for you.
1. DeWalt DCD771C2 20V MAX Cordless Drill
- Dewalt drill has compact and lightweight design that fits into tight areas
- High performance motor of the power drill delivers 300 unit watts out (UWO) of power ability completing a wide range of applications
- High speed transmission of Dewalt 20V drill delivers 2 speeds (0-450 and 1,500 rpm) for a range of fastening and drilling applications
- 1/2-inch single sleeve ratcheting chuck provides tight bit gripping strength
- Ergonomic handle delivers comfort and control. Tool Height-6.5 inch
This model gives you the luxury of two tools for the price of one. It can be changed between an impact driver and a power drill through the 1/2-inch chuck. Both tools have an option for speed selection, which ranges from 500 RPM to 1750 RPM. This tool packs 500 inches per pound torque strength. It is ideally suited for everyday tasks like household repairs.
It is lightweight and possesses an ergonomic design. Its LED lights make it particularly effective for dimly lit places. Its compact size makes sure your hands face the minimal amount of stress while working. The lithium-ion batteries have a long battery life, which means this drill can work for long periods of time without the need for a recharge.
The brushed motor is the best feature of this drill. A smart chip determines the amount of power required for every task. This enables a user to work more efficiently and effectively.
This drill has 16 clutch settings. It includes a forward and reverses switch. It usually comes with a 3-year limited warranty and a one-year service warranty. Its affordable price and great design make it one of the best cordless drill drivers in the market.
2. Makita XFD10R 18V Cordless Driver-Drill Kit
- Makita-built 4-pole motor delivers 480 in.lbs. of Max Torque
- Mechanical 2-speed transmission (0-600 & 0-1,900 RPM) for a wide range of drilling and driving applications
- Features Extreme Protection Technology (XPT) which is engineered to provide increased dust and water resistance in harsh job site conditions
- Dual L.E.D. lights with afterglow illuminate the work area
- Ergonomically designed handle with rubberized soft grip provides increased comfort
Makita offers a brushed cordless driver drill that can produce incredible strength for its size. The Makita XFD10R has a length of 7.25 inches and weighs at roughly 3.3 pounds. It can deliver 480 in. lbs., which is staggering compared to other models. It has two speeds at 600 and 1900 RPM. They can also be customized based on the job. This helps drive the screws with ease.
The Makita XFD10R comes with XPT, which stands for Extreme Protection Technology. This helps the drill in harsher conditions. This can also help the drill from being damaged by rust or water.
This drill driver is more suited for heavy-duty work. It can withstand a lot of pressure due to its sturdy build. It is a perfect drill for construction sites.
If you rely on power, this drill is perfect. This Makita cordless driver drill has the most powerful torque for a brushed drill. It has a practical design for most work conditions. It is easy to move around.
One of its best features is its good battery life and it can be fully charged in half an hour. This is a great feature for buyers who want to get back to work quickly without major delays.
3. Milwaukee 2606-22CT M18 Cordless Drill/Driver Kit
- Includes M18 compact 1/2 in. drill driver, two M18 REDLITHIUM compact batteries, M18 and M12 Multi-V
- 1/2 in., single sleeve ratcheting chuck optimizes grip strength and reduces slippage
- Built-in LED light illuminates surfaces for faster, more efficient work
- REDLINK intelligence protects the tool against abusive overload situations to maximize tool life
- Multi voltage charger features 30-minute charge time.
This model consists of a brushed motor and falls in Milwaukee’s M18 line. The Milwaukee 2606-22CT weighs 3.9 pounds and its height is approximately 7 inches. It is great at performing masonry duties. It also does an excellent job driving fasteners into concrete. Another task this cordless drill driver can accomplish with ease is inserting screws in a variety of materials.
This particular model can achieve a high speed of 1800 RPM. It packs 500 in. lbs. of maximum power. It has the added feature of running at a low speed of 450 RPM, which can help with a wide range of tasks.
Lithium-ion batteries are used to power this product. Milwaukee’s patented RedLithium battery technology is used for this purpose. Protection against problems such as damage and corrosion is ensured through the metal case of this cordless drill driver, which helps prolong the product’s life.
Great precision and control can be achieved through the design of this drill driver, which provides the perfect grip. The lightweight and small frame of the drill driver make it possible to work in small spaces and even at angles which are harder to get to with other tools. It has LED lights, which make it easier for the user to work in dimly lit settings.
4. Bosch DDB181 18V Cordless Drill/Driver Tool Set
- Compact: Most compact cordless 18 Volt power drill driver, 3 pounds Of lightweight design allows for optimal handling in even the tightest spaces
- Light Weight : Lightest weight 18V electric battery powered compact drill driver for more efficiency and less fatigue during the toughest impact drilling or screw driving applications
- High Torque & Speed: High torque and speed at only 3 pounds, The Bosch DDB181 02 Provides 350 pounds Of optimized torque for powerful fastening and 1,300 RPM for fast, efficient power drilling
- Convenience: Includes LED Light illuminating the darkest work spaces and contractor bag for portability making it the complete power tool
- Variable Speed: 2 speed transmission, one for heavy duty projects and one for speed, both provide optimized torque and efficiency for powerful screw driving and precise drilling
This is the lightest and most minimal Bosch product to date. This drill driver is the best fit for those searching for one for little activities at home. It offers value for money, as Bosch has a reputation for building dependable devices.
Its length is 7.1 inches and it weighs 3 lbs. This is staggeringly light and ideal for difficult-to-reach places. Air conditioning experts and circuit repairers who complete a ton of drilling will love this!
The drill driver comes with two-speed settings. This allows you to pick between a low speed of 400 RPM and 1,300 RPM. It offers 350 in. lbs. of max torque that can handle plastic, malleable metal and wood. The LED lighting adds to its adaptability, particularly when working in faintly lit or small spaces.
Its lightweight and ergonomic structure make it natural to utilize. Due to its great equalization and pleasant feel, you will wind up working for long periods without getting tired.
5. Porter-Cable PCCK600LB 20V MAX Cordless Drill/Driver
- High performance motor on Porter Cable tools delivers 330 Unit Watts Out
- 2-speed gear box (0-400/0-1,600) of Porter Cable 20V drill delivers the power needed to complete large and small applications
- Metal ratcheting chuck on cordless drill minimizes bits slipping in chuck
- Battery gauge displays charge remaining in the battery
- LED light brightens dark work areas
This particular model has a brushed motor, which provides 50 percent more runtime. It does not feature a lot of stalling and coupled with an impact driver, it can deliver up to 1450 in. lbs. of torque. It can provide speedy drilling and fastening because the transmission has a maximum RPM of 1800. A half-inch ratcheting chuck provides an improved and reliable bit retention, which is another positive.
It is 7.4 inches long, which makes it very compact. This is extremely useful when working in small spaces. Its weight is another positive at 3.3 pounds, which ensures less fatigue for the user. It comes with a 3-year limited warranty.
Its light weight and small size make it an ideal fit for household jobs. This could include repairs of various kinds, depending on the needs of the user.
The limited warranty that stretches for three years can help any user who encounters problems with the product, which is another big positive. It contains a battery fuel gauge that can show the user the amount of charging left which is a great addition.
All of these cordless drill drivers offer good performance. The drill for construction work would be different than the one used for household work. You have to gauge which one best suits your needs by looking at the features that each drill offers.